Latest information on Coronavirus COVID-19
Stay Alert >> Control The Virus >> Save Lives
Covid-19, The Ancasta Safe Conduct Policy
With the encouraging news from the government this week allowing Leisure Boating to recommence, Ancasta are pleased to publish the Ancasta Safe Conduct Policy that is now in-place across the business.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of all customers and staff, these procedures enable safe viewings, sea trials, servicing and maintenance.
The majority of our offices are now open but please call before you visit as they are operating under restricted hours due to social distancing and viewings are strictly by appointment only.
Our aim is to get you out on the water as soon as possible.
Please see below for detail:
VIRTUAL BOAT VIEWINGS
If you are uncomfortable making the journey to the physical location of the boat, an Ancasta broker is happy to deliver a live walk-through of the boat via Zoom, FaceTime or Skype to accompany the existing 360 degree tours and further detail on Ancasta.com. This will allow for questions and further detailed investigation of the boat from the comfort of your own home.
- Full details of the boats location and access instructions will be provided by the broker.
- The boat specification will be provided as a pdf by request ahead of the viewing for the client to view and / or print at home.
- The broker will provide car parking details at the boats location. Individuals from different households should arrive in separate vehicles and will be able to view the boat separately if required.
- Access to the Ancasta office is not required and may not be available at some destinations. Therefore, no toilet or facilities will guaranteed so please allow for this in your travel plan.
- Ancasta will ensure a period of 48 hours between viewings or since the current owner has last been on-board.
- The boat will be cleaned and open in advance of the viewing appointment. The Ancasta broker will wipe down all main surfaces, hand-rails, ladders and other key areas between viewings.
- Brokers will be wearing masks as an added precaution to protect both the client and themselves.
- There is a limit of two individuals permitted to view the boat in any single viewing to help safeguard all those concerned. Unfortunately children are not permitted onboard during viewings at this time.
- There is no need to come into close contact with the broker directly however, the Ancasta broker will be available at a distance on the pontoon if required. For viewings ashore, the Ancasta broker will deliver the safety guide for ladder use and will then stand at the rear of the craft to allow the customer to board and look through the boat. They will be available for questions throughout.
- Surveys or other works* can be carried out under the instruction of the client or broker.
- Any paperwork or documentation that requires a signature can be done electronically if requested by the client.
In accordance with Ancasta’s Sale & Purchase Agreement terms, sea trials can be carried out if there is enough practical room for social distancing onboard. Surveyors and Engineers are always willing to conduct these on a client’s behalf if necessary.
NEW YACHT & MOTORBOAT HANDOVERS
- Virtual handovers are available for new owners who are unable to attend on location.
- Ancasta have recently carried out a full day’s virtual handover via zoom and delivered the boat to the owners home port ready for her new owner to jump onboard when he is ready. The Handover was recorded to allow the new owner to retain a record of all the information delivered during his handover process.
- Physical handovers can also be arranged, with some restrictions such as the number of people and appropriate PPE, so we can ensure social distancing regulations are fully observed.
YACHT & MOTORBOAT MAINTENANCE
The teams at Ancasta Aftersales, Advanced Rigging and HYS Refit & Repair have been working (in accordance with government distancing guidelines) throughout the pandemic and continue to deliver professional work on owners’ boats in the Solent region and beyond.
The Ancasta Group has prepared carefully to help you with your boat search, purchase or maintenance in these difficult times, so you are still able to make the most of the 2020 season.
For more information please call:
Contact Ancasta Brokerage: +44 (0)2380 450 000
Contact Ancasta Aftersales: +44 (0)2380 604682
Contact: Advanced Rigging: +44 (0)2380 454 280
Contact HYS Refit & Repair: +44 (0)23 804 54 111
Please note that this notice will be updated in-line with developing government guidelines over the coming weeks.
*dependant on location, third party suppliers, marina operators & government advised restrictions.