New Year Operational Update
With the COVID situation changing by the day across Europe, it is tricky to predict what restrictions might be in place from week to week. However, your boat search or the sale of your boat need not stop as we have all bases covered.
ALL OUR OFFICES ARE OPERATIONALLY OPEN. If you are unable to visit one of our offices due to your tier, region or country restrictions, the Ancasta teams all over Europe are set-up and more than happy to conduct personal remote viewings via zoom or facetime. This will allow you to view any accessible boats that you are keen to explore beyond the specification, 360 tours or video walk-throughs available on this website.
Although many of our offices are closed to the public, they will still be manned with all brokers available via phone, email or whatsapp
For more information, please contact your local office.
Selling a Boat? – We have continued to list many pre-owned boats throughout the Christmas period and can confirm there is still an unusual level of demand (from many people planning to get afloat in 2021).
If you are considering selling your boat – please get in touch with your local office today and we will view the boat, provide a valuation and when agreed, initiate the process of finding the buyer. Boats are still selling faster than we can remember so now is the time to list with us.
(The entire process can be carried out remotely so please do not hesitate to call).
All of us at Ancasta hope you had a very Merry Christmas & New Year. We look forward to hearing from you soon..
VIRTUAL BOAT VIEWINGS
New restrictions mean that making the journey to the physical location of the boat is no longer permitted in some regions. All our offices are still manned and our brokers are primed and ready to deliver a live walk-through of the boat you wish to view. These walk-throughs can be booked* in advance at a time that is convenient to yourself and they can be conducted via Zoom, FaceTime or Skype.
These personal tours accompany the existing boat introductions, 360 degree tours and further detail that can be found on the specific boat pages on this website. They also allow for questions and further detailed investigation of the boat from the comfort of your own home. Call the relevant Ancasta office to book your personal appointment to view.
PHYSICAL BOAT VIEWINGS (in regions where movement is permitted)
- Full details of the boats location and access instructions will be provided by the broker.
- The boat specification will be provided as a pdf by request ahead of the viewing for the client to view and / or print at home.
- The broker will provide car parking details at the boats location. Individuals from different households should arrive in separate vehicles and will be able to view the boat separately if required.
- Access to the Ancasta office is not required and may not be available at some destinations. Therefore, no toilet or facilities will guaranteed so please allow for this in your travel plan.
- Ancasta will ensure a period of 48 hours between viewings or since the current owner has last been on-board.
- The boat will be cleaned and open in advance of the viewing appointment. The Ancasta broker will wipe down all main surfaces, hand-rails, ladders and other key areas between viewings.
- Brokers may be wearing masks as an added precaution to protect both the client and themselves.
- There is a limit of two individuals permitted to view the boat in any single viewing to help safeguard all those concerned. Unfortunately children are not permitted onboard during viewings at this time.
- There is no need to come into close contact with the broker directly however, the Ancasta broker will be available at a distance on the pontoon if required. For viewings ashore, the Ancasta broker will deliver the safety guide for ladder use and will then stand at the rear of the craft to allow the customer to board and look through the boat. They will be available for questions throughout.
- Surveys or other works* can be carried out under the instruction of the client or broker.
- Any paperwork or documentation that requires a signature can be done electronically if requested by the client.
Sea trials are not permitted at this time in many areas of Europe. Please contact your local office where trials can be scheduled for the earliest date possible.
NEW YACHT & MOTORBOAT HANDOVERS
- Virtual handovers are available for new owners whos travel is currently restricted.
- Ancasta have been carrying out full day’s virtual handovers via zoom and have even delivered boats to the new owners home ports. The handovers have been recorded to allow for new owners to retain a record of all the information delivered during his handover process.
- Physical handovers cannot be carried out at this time.
YACHT & MOTORBOAT MAINTENANCE
The teams at Ancasta Aftersales, Advanced Rigging and HYS Refit & Repair have been working (in accordance with government distancing guidelines) throughout the pandemic and continue to deliver professional work on owners’ boats in the Solent region and beyond.
The teams continue to:
Commission new sail and powerboats
Conduct maintenance on owners yachts
Winterise power and sail boats ahead of the coming winter season
Actively repair and upgrade customers yachts in preparation for 2021.
Quote for new works required over the coming months.
The Ancasta Group has prepared carefully to help you with your boat search, purchase or maintenance in these difficult times. Public access to our sales or aftersales offices is now restricted however, if you have ANY requirements for your boat, please do not hesitate to contact us as we are still fully operational in all areas of the business.
Contact us now to ensure you are on the water in 2021.
For more information please call:
Contact Ancasta Brokerage: +44 (0)2380 450 000
Contact Ancasta Aftersales: +44 (0)2380 604682
Contact: Advanced Rigging: +44 (0)2380 454 280
Contact HYS Refit & Repair: +44 (0)23 804 54 111
Please note that this notice will be updated in-line with developing government guidelines over the coming weeks.
*dependant on location, third party suppliers, marina operators & government advised restrictions.