Beneteau First 44 Wins at British Yachting Awards 2023
Performance Yacht of the Year
The Beneteau First 44 has won the Performance Yacht of the Year category at the British Yachting Awards 2023. The awards, organised by Sailing Today with Yachts and Yachting magazine, shine a spotlight on the very best in the marine industry with a public vote deciding the worthy winners. A trophy for this well-deserving boat from Beneteau’s First range was presented and celebrated at a ceremony at the Royal Thames Yacht Club in November.
Beneteau First 44 – Performance Yacht of the Year
The Beneteau First 44 seamlessly bridges the gap between the First 36 and the First 53, harmonizing performance, elegance, and comfort. This exceptional yacht strikes a perfect balance between racing and cruising capabilities. With its expansive sail plan, the First 44 exhibits lively and efficient performance in diverse conditions, amplified by two 300-litre ballast tanks.
The thoughtfully designed cockpit ensures fluid movement, even with a full race crew, while performance is optimised through features such as a fixed centerline block for the mainsheet, a mast positioned further aft, and the option for either four or six winches with the performance package.
Key Features of the Beneteau First 44
- Unique blend of performance, elegance and comfort
- All electronic controls, winches and clutches are within reach of the helm
- Comfortable seating and cockpit table are set forward, away from the controls
- Swim platform and storage for 2m tender dinghy
- Bright interior with white lacquered worktops and moulded wood
- Three double cabins with extra berths in the saloon
- Dining table for six people that converts into extra berth
- L-shaped galley with lots of storage
- Generous sail plan for extra speed – 106sqm
- Optional carbon mast available
- Water ballast to aid short-handed crew
- Naval Architect – America’s Cup guru Roberto Biscontini
- Design – Italian designer Lorenzo Argento
- Engineering – Ocean racing experts at Mer Forte Design