Ancasta are acting as brokers for the vendor who is not selling in the course of business unless otherwise stated. These details are prepared from information provided by the vendor and are intended only as a guide to give a fair description of the vessel but their accuracy cannot be guaranteed and they do not constitute part of any contract. A prospective buyer is strongly advised to check the particulars and to have the vessel fully surveyed by a qualified marine surveyor. Details are supplied on the understanding that all negotiations shall be through Ancasta brokerages. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice. Please Note: where the vessel’s status shows as “Preliminary”, details of the vessel have not yet been confirmed by the Vendor.
Black Pepper Code 2.1
- Make Black Pepper
- Model Code 2.1
- Year 2019
- LOA 66ft/20m
- Class Performance Sail
- Hull Carbon Fibre
- Keel Fin Keel
- Rig Sloop
- Engine Single Diesel
- Layout Aft Cockpit
- Berths 8
- Cabins 4
- Ancasta Ref 39016
- Name Black Legend 4
OverviewThe flagship of the Black Pepper fleet, the Code 2 is the result of a design collaboration between Marc Lombard and
Armel Tripon (winner of Route de Rhum 2018, and IMOCA 60 racer) to design an IMOCA 60 inspired offshore speed
machine equally at home racing as she is to very fast cruising. Constructed in full carbon fiber with Axxon carbon rig, twin rudders, centerboard and water ballast, she is perfectly configured for
racing and cruising duties alike.
A real gem of a yacht, built by expert composite craftsmen.
Model: Black Pepper Code 2.1 – new Version – 4 cabins – Shortened Doghouse – 20% lighter
LOA (ex bowsprit) : 17.50m / 57’5”
Year: NEW - September 2019
LWL: 17.44m / 57’2”
Builder: Black Pepper Yachts
Beam: 5.30m /17’4”
Designer: Marc Lombard
Draft (up and down): 1.70-4.60m / 5’7”-15’1”
Construction: Carbon Fiber Sandwich
Displacement: 10,000kgs / 35,119lbs
Accommodation: Up to 8 in 4 cabins + saloon + Crew cabin (2pax)
Ballast: 4,500kgs / 15,873lbs
Engine: Yanmar 4JH4-HTE 110hp
• CE Certification – A
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Carbon sandwich construction vacuumed infused with epoxy resins and Toray Fibers.
• Hull and structures fully surveyed & Control by JM Tabuteau / IMCI
• Metallic Grey Black - sprayed topsides – Alex Seal Marine Coats.
• Teak laid side decks, coach roof top and cockpit
Keel, Water Ballast System & Rudder:
• Centerboard lifting keel arrangement
• Cast iron fin with lead bulb
• Hydrohem electro-hydraulic pump system for raising and lowering keel
Water Ballast System:
• 2x 1,500-liter water ballast tanks with Sofomarin Sofo Scoop intake valves and Rule electric pump.
• Manual valve for gravity system and evacuation
• Twin carbon fiber rudders with JP3 Shafts & bearings.
Specification highlights include:
• Full carbon construction
• Centerboard keel with 1.70m to 4.60m draft
• 1,500-liter water ballast tanks to port and starboard
• Axxon carbon rig
• Harken winch package with powered winches
• Water maker
• Full NKE instrument package with High frequency GPS.
• IPAD wireless system at helm stations
• Iridium satellite and Wi-Fi communications package
• Full North 3Di sail wardrobe
• Tender garage
• 4- cabin, 2-heads interior layout plus crew cabin in forepeak
Flagship of the Fleet; this beautiful unit is part of the very exclusive spirit of "Codes" by Black Pepper®; inspired by the latest generation hulls - oceanic racers Imoca 60 - it is intended for offshore travel and racing. Its silhouette and its charm result from the alliance of old and modern lines, the original signature of Black Pepper® (doghouse, teak deck, etc).
On board nothing is left to chance: ergonomics, maneuverability, equipment and luxurious materials, living space, cabins, bathrooms, garage annex, cockpit lounge, everything is designed to ensure owners, comfort, safety and autonomy.
Spars & Rigging
• 3 spreader 9/10 fractional deck-stepped rig
• Axxon Composites carbon fiber mast and boom
• Stainless steel rod standing rigging
• Carbon integral bowsprit
• Facnor carbon racing subdeck genoa furler
• Facnor/sparcraft staysail furler
• Facnor carbon racing code zero furler
• Square-topped mainsail system with 3x reefing points
• Harken sail track system for mainsail
• Soft shackles throughout
• Constrictor cleats
• Block & tackle backstays and vang
• Antal ring system for headsail trimming
• Lancelin running rigging throughout
• Recessed mainsheet track on cockpit sole sheeting to dedicated mainsheet winches
• Sail area – 220 / 420 sqm
Sail Wardrobe all from 2019.
Very light use since.
• North Sails 3Di fully battened mainsail
• North Sails 3Di J1 furling genoa
• North Sails 3Di J2 furling genoa
• North Sails 3Di J3 furling genoa
• North Sails 3Di Code 0 Mast head.
• North Sail A2 Spinnaker
• 2x Harken 3-speed self-tailing electric primary winches
• 2x Harken 2-speed self-tailing electric mainsail/control line winches
• 2x Harken 2-speed self-tailing manual backstay winches
• 1x Harken 2-speed self-tailing winches for tack lines
Engine & gearbox:
• Yanmar 4JH4-HTE 4-cylinder diesel engine producing 110hp @ 3,200rpm
• Shaft-drive gearbox
• Freshwater cooled engine.
• Spinlock single lever engine control.
Propulsion & Steering:
• Side Power 6kw 24vDC retractable bow thruster
• MaxProp 4-bladed feathering prop
• Shaft drive with p-bracket and PSS-style shaft seal – The shaft is protected by a carbon fiber enclosure bonded to the hull
• Twin wheel steering with carbon steering wheels and custom helm pedestals
• JP3 steering system
• Emergency tiller.
• 400 liters fuel tank in 1x plastic tank
• 350 liters freshwater capacity in structural tank
• Black water holding tank
• Dometic stainless steel gimballed 2-burner gas stove with oven
• Tecmar 24vDC refrigerator with freezer drawer
• Fresh and saltwater supplies to galley
• 2x 24vDC electric flush freshwater heads
• Hot & cold pressurized water supplies with shower in heads
• Indirect LED lighting in all interior spaces
• Fusion Apollo multi-zone sound system with Apple Airplay functionality
Summary of Accommodation:
• Internal carbon sandwich structural furniture - low weight construction.
• Just behind, a lazarette which is suitable for a dinghy.
• The interior can accommodate up to 8 guests in 2 double cabins forward, and 2 double guest cabins aft; a convertible saloon seating offering further occasional berth, plus separate forepeak with two crew berths.
• forward cabins have their separate shower and toilet; aft cabins & further have a common bathroom aft to starboard
• Linear galley on starboard side of saloon
• Chart table aft of saloon area to port
• Large lazarette space with fore/aft tender garage, plus further stowage outboard
• All interior joinery in white/ light grey painted laminates with contrasting lacquered carbon
• Main bulkhead, hull innings and heads finished in white
• Wood veneered flooring
• Highest quality upholstery red leather and finishes throughout
• Custom saloon tabl
• Plastimo 6-man life raft
• 406Mhz EPIRB
• 10x Deck vest Offshore life vests
• Fire extinguishers
Canvas & Cushions:
• Stack pack with lazy jacks
• Cockpit cushions – sylvertex red
• Cockpit awning
Tender & Outboard:
• Tender stowed in aft garage.
• Mercury outboard 3.5hp
• Double lifelines.
• Flush deckhead hatches
• Bathing ladder
• Tender garage for up to 3.5m tender
• Goiot flush deckhead hatches
• Custom removable cockpit table
• 24vDC & 12vDC domestic systems with 220vAC via shore-power or inverters
• 1x 80Ah 12vDC sealed engine start battery
• 4x 125Ah 6vDC AGM service batteries joined in parallel and series to supply 125Ah @ 24vDC
• 2x 90Ah 12vDC AGM bow thruster batteries joined in series to supply 90Ah @ 24vDC
• Mastervolt 24vDC/40Amp automatic battery charger for service banks
• Mastervolt 12vDC/10Amp automatic battery charger for engine start
• 24vDC/500w inverter
• 12vDC engine-mounted alternator for start battery
• 75Amp 24vDC engine-mounted alternator for service bank
• 220vDC 16Amp shore power system with ring main
Plumbing & Gaz System
• The hot freshwater circuit is led into a well insulated 40 liters hot water tank, heated by engine or 230v AC immersion heater element.
• Shenker Zen 30l/h
• 3x electric bilge pumps serving lazarette, engine area, central bilge and forward sail locker
• Manual bilge pump with extendable hose
• 2x Electric pumps for shower trays
• Electric bilge pump with extendable hose
• 14x plastic through-hull fittings
• LPG system with 3kg bottle
Navigation & electronic Systems:
• NKE full system
• Speed, depth and wind transducers
• Adrena - CMAP navigation software
• Win10 marine PC with quad core i7 processor running Adrena & squid
• 17” screen interface for PC at chart table
• B&G 4G radar scanner – mast-mounted
• B&G AIS receiver
• Raymarine Type-2 autopilot arm with NKE course computer
• External high-power- frequency GPS antenna
• 2x digital compass systems
• B&G VHF with DSC
• Onboard Wi-Fi hub
• Router for internet – Wi-Fi/GSM/Satellite
• High power Wi-Fi antenna