Ancasta are acting as brokers for the vendor who is not selling in the course of business unless otherwise stated. These details are prepared from information provided by the vendor and are intended only as a guide to give a fair description of the vessel but their accuracy cannot be guaranteed and they do not constitute part of any contract. A prospective buyer is strongly advised to check the particulars and to have the vessel fully surveyed by a qualified marine surveyor. Details are supplied on the understanding that all negotiations shall be through Ancasta brokerages. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice. Please Note: where the vessel’s status shows as “Preliminary”, details of the vessel have not yet been confirmed by the Vendor.
- Make FREEDOM
- Model 40
- Year 1994
- LOA 40ft/12m
- Class Sailing Cruiser
- Hull Glass Reinforced Plastic
- Keel Fin Keel
- Rig Sloop
- Engine Single Diesel
- Drive Shaft Drive
- Layout Aft Cockpit
- Berths 4
- Cabins 2
- Aft Cabins 1
- Ancasta Ref 40022
- Name Flying Freedom
OverviewThe Freedom 40 is fast and exceeds expectations underway. She tacks efficiently, and her motion is straightforward and pleasing. Even with a powerful rig, the stiff hull is a stable platform underfoot. She is an exuberant sailing vessel, achieving outstanding swiftness without compromising Freedom's unique simplicity.
Through years of refinement and design advancements, Freedom has remained true to its mission of building yachts that are simple, easy to sail and rewardingly relaxing to cruise. As sophisticated as the 40/40 is, she still carries a self-tend-ing sail plan. All lines are led aft, with single-line reefing making her a great option for single or shorthanded sailing.
Currently lying afloat in Port Solent and available to view seven days a week via appointment.
For more information, please call a member of the Port Solent team on +44 (0)2392 373 300 or email [email protected].
BuildFREEDOM 40/40 - "FLYING FREEDOM"
BUILT 1994 WITH A 94 HIN
White GRP hull with dark blue double boot stripe
GRP deck and superstructure
Lead wing keel
LOA: 12.3m - 40'4'
LWL: 10.7m - 35'1"
BEAM: 4.1m - 13'5"
DRAFT - 1.6m - 5'2"
DISPLACEMENT 10,777 kg
Lifted, serviced and antifouled April 2022
ALL FIGURES ARE APPROXIMATE
Freestanding carbon fibre mast with Harken battcar.
Fully battened main.
Main boom with internal reefing gear and adjustable outhaul car.
AccommodationSLEEPS SIX IN TWO DOUBLE CABINS PLUS SALOON
- Grade A matched grain cherry wood
- Two coats of sealer and three coats of varnish.
- Teak and holly cabin sole finished with three coats of varnish.
- Heavy-duty Scotch Guard fabrics.
- Contoured foam cushions designed for comfort.
- Solid wood framed doors and cold moulded alternating woods in door jams.
- Solid cherry wood risers.
- Cherry handrails and panelled hull ceilings.
- Removable headliner of vinyl panels and cherry accent battens.
- Companionway has four hinged stowage steps with a bin located under the second step and companionway sliders stowage
- Large berth (6'8" long, 1'7 wide at feet, 6'3" wide at head) with removable insert.
- Port and starboard full-length cold moulded aircraft style lockers above berth.
- Hanging locker with louvred doors to starboard with vanity to port.
- Space-saving sliding pocket door.
- Stainless sink facing aft with hot and cold pressure water.
- Overhead dome lights and flex lights.
- Headroom is 6'3" at the centerline.
- L-shaped 6'6" berth to port with a 6'5" settee to starboard.
- Fold-down table from bulkhead with storage.
- Two cabinets above port settee with bookshelf between.
- Stowage outboard of berth cushions and under the starboard settee.
- Headroom is 6'4" at the centerline
- Swing-out seatback for navigator at chart table.
- Two drawers, one sized for hanging files.
- Fold-down electrical panel with circuit breakers.
- Instrument panel above chart table.
- Two bookshelves.
- Double stainless steel sink.
- Three burner gimballed propane stove with oven and broiler
- Four drawers inboard for stowage.
- Ten cubic foot ice box with stainless shelf, two top openings and one front opening.
- Stowage lockers outboard and above ice box and stove.
- Hot and cold pressurised mixer tap
FORWARD AND AFT HEAD
- Polished stainless steel sink with drain valve.
- Separate shower enclosure with perspex shower door and shower control mixing valve.
- Hanging locker for foul weather gear outside of shower
- Bulkheads and door white Formica with wood trim.
- Fold-down shower seat.
- Standard queen-size mattress
- Hanging locker with shelves.
- Large shelf outboard to port above berth.
- Dome light.
- Headroom is 6'4" in changing area.
- 60" custom-designed Edson wheel.
- Angled outer deck behind the helm to counter heel.
- Engine controls, starter, gauges and kill switches are within easy reach
- Removable cockpit table with a foot brace beneath.
- Line lockers to keep tails out of the seating area.
- Slide out helm seat and removable wheel to gain access to the two-step bathing platform.
- Hot and cold pressurised transom shower.
- Twin tank gas locker and large lazarette
Machinery- YANMAR 45 HP, 3JH2-TBE DIESEL ENGINE (Last serviced April 2022)
- Flexible engine mounts for quiet, smooth operation.
- Engine room blower.
- Two-blade fixed prop with 1 1/8" stainless steel shaft.
- Remote electric engine stop control.
- Engine room insulation and soundproofing
- Three batteries with one 80 amp alternator.
- Dual battery switches for separate control of engine and breaker panel.
- Electrical breaker panel with analogue battery condition meters mounted above chart table.
- 115 volt, 30 amp shore power system
- 40 amp battery charger with failsafe
- Indirect lighting in main, forward and aft cabins.
- Eight reading lights.
- Nine overhead red and white aircraft-style dome lights.
- Four low-level lights to illuminate cabin floor.
- Navigation lights include anchor, steaming and running lights.
1 x 280-litre aluminium fuel tank with inspection port and manual gauge located under aft berth.
1 x 480-litre aluminium water tank
1 x 313-litre holding tank
B&G Chart Plotter
B&G Network Depth
B&G Network Speed
B&G Network Wind
Anchor, chain and warps
Cockpit sprayhood and adjoining bimini
Front bunk cabin cover
Side and rear cockpit cushions