Lewmar Proportional Thrusters
The new Proportional thrusters from Lewmar have unlimited run-time, are very quiet in use, maintenance free and suitable for 24V installation The proportional series can be controlled by one of the four new proportional control panels developed for this new type of motor.
The proportional thrusters motor is a nearly silent motor and has unlimited runtime. The induction motor is controlled by the Lewmar Curtis controller. This in-house engineered motor controller can control 24V inputs. With this new system, Brushless motors have been chosen for their efficiency and unlimited runtime, and their ability to withstand tough sailing.
Retrofitting the Lewmar proportional series is also very easy. The proportional thrusters are backwards compatible to replace existing Lewmar bow thrusters installations.
- Limitless running - the only restriction is your battery capacity
- Ultimate control - proportional throttling allows delicate maneuveuring
- Zero maintenance - longer life without a need for servicing.
- Retro-fit kits compatible with existing thrusters
Lewmar TT Thruster
- No reservoir to install, no leaks and no maintenance
- High performance 5 blade propellers give equal thrust in both directions
- High integrity seal
- Spline driven propeller, no drive pin required
- Hardened and ground spiral bevel gear for maximum efficiency and quiet power transmission
- Self resetting thermal protection on all motors
- Choice of Joystick or Touch Panel controls
- Easy plug together switch connections
- Minimum silhouette hub for smooth water flow
New composite Motor gearbox
- Sleek hydrodynamic design
- Thick strong sections over stainless steel body
- Same installation method
- Same cassette seal meaning maintenance free
- No need for an anode