Motorboat Club Cruise to Honfleur 2017
26 - 29 May 2017
The Ancasta Motorboat Club is pleased to announce the first of its 2017 event dates and this is one NOT to be missed.
With the aim of creating a series of well supported and fun events for Motorboat owners, the destination for this event is Honfleur. Honfleur is a city in the Lower Normandy region of northern France, sited on the estuary where the Seine river meets the English Channel. Its Vieux-Bassin (old harbor), lined with 16th- to 18th-century townhouses, has been a subject for artists including Claude Monet and native son Eugène Boudin. It is an idyllic spot with authentic cafes, restaurants and shops surrounding the Marina basin.
The itinerary at this stage is as follows:
Friday 26th May:
- Arrive at Gunwharf Quays, Portsmouth – anytime from 1200 onwards
- Welcome drink and skippers briefing locally with our lead boat skipper Jon Mendez
Saturday 27th May:
- 07:30 departure from Gunwharf for the 105mile, five hour cruise across the channel
- Much needed, arrival drinks on the pontoon in Honfleur
- Free evening to enjoy the local atmosphere
Sunday 28th May:
- Lay Day
- Skipper briefing and Cruise supper in a local restaurant
Monday 29th May:
- 10am muster and departure from Honfleur.
- Return Cruise to the Eastern Solent – ETA: 4pm.
Follow the cruise for updates and pics on our Facebook page
There will be an skippered Ancasta lead boat to help with passage planning, berthing and local information. Navigational briefings will be given ahead of each leg where required
The Cruise is open to anyone so long as your boat has a safe range of 150 miles and is comfortable at 20knts (contact us if not as alternative plans can be made).
Ancasta will secure berthing, however the cost of berthing, fuel, food and drink are the responsibility of each boat. A fee of £200 per boat and full boat and crew details are required to secure your place:
To secure your place on the Ancasta Motorboat Cruise to Honfleur, CLICK HERE
Register with us here: firstname.lastname@example.org
For future events, if you are not a motorboat club member, you can sign up here.