Ancasta are acting as brokers for the vendor who is not selling in the course of business unless otherwise stated. These details are prepared from information provided by the vendor and are intended only as a guide to give a fair description of the vessel but their accuracy cannot be guaranteed and they do not constitute part of any contract. A prospective buyer is strongly advised to check the particulars and to have the vessel fully surveyed by a qualified marine surveyor. Details are supplied on the understanding that all negotiations shall be through Ancasta brokerages. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice. Please Note: where the vessel’s status shows as “Preliminary”, details of the vessel have not yet been confirmed by the Vendor.
395,000 Tax Paid | Malta Malta
- Make Vismara
- Model 54
- Year 2010
- LOA 54ft/16m
- Class Cruiser Racer
- Hull Carbon Fibre
- Keel Fin Keel
- Rig Sloop
- Engine Single Diesel
- Drive Sail Drive
- Layout Aft Cockpit
- Berths 8
- Cabins 3
- Aft Cabins 2
- Ancasta Ref 33048
- Name B5
Overview"B5" is an absolutely stunning carbon-hulled, fast cruiser from Vismara, built in 2010 and refitted extensively in 2017.
Designed and commissioned with a view to going sailing with the family for extended cruising periods, but also enough performance and weight-saving, to be competitive on the race track when the time permitted.
She really is a perfect spec for effortless short-handed cruising at serious speed, which was further emphasised in the recent refit, with many new control systems added and upgraded.......A very special boat in her current condition.
The V54 was designed for a family use with high capability for the racing season. This means having the typical Vismara features: Lightweight construction with a carbon hull that keeps the displacement around 10- ton when 50 % of that is accounted for in the keel.
Easy sailing, using integrated systems on board combined with intelligent design such as the clean deck where all the controls recessed at the build phase and permit an easy manoeuvring with simple functionality during cruising, all in a press of a button.
The mainsail has the lion’s share and jib with minimal overlap, a code zero or Gennaker will take turns on the bow and offer plenty of power.
To meet the owners passion for both cruising and racing, there are two versions of the sail plan (square top main or traditional main specifically to ensure that only one person is required on deck besides the helmsman).
In terms of aesthetics, the classic geometry of the V55 is very much in evidence, but with the latest innovation from Vismara yachts with sleek hull lines, maximum beam amidships and flat stern sections.
• CE Certification – A
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• The hull and decks are built in a carbon fibre and epoxy sandwich under vacuum
• Light grey topside finish, with largely white cockpit and super structure and occasional black detailing.
• Teak decks and cockpit with light grey caulking – decks overhauled and recaulked 2017
Keel & Rudder:
• Lead bulb with new wings that are externally bolted – fitted 2017, for improved upwind performance and balance.
• Balanced rudder
Manufacturer/Model Vismara V54
Designer Alessandro Vismara
Engine Volvo D2-75
Fuel Capacity 300l
Hull Construction Carbon Fibre
Keel Type Fin Keel with shallower draft and winglets.
Drinking Water Capacity 500l (2 x 250 ltr)
B5 was extensively refitted in 2017 and in 2019 at Vismara yard, with the completed works
list as follows:
• Lead winglets added to the bulb (designed and manufactured by Vismara. Installed in
Malta with supervision of Vismara appointed surveyor)
• Bulb and keel full check
• Polishing and repainting of hull topsides with repainting of style lines
• Removal of previous antifouling layers
• Redesign of anchor system for improved operation and ease of use, installing Delta
anchor below the bowsprit
• Complete maintenance cycle and replacement of all service parts of MaxPower
retractable bow thruster
• Replacement of Forespar seacocks internal elements
• Teak deck light sanding and recaulking with light grey rubber
• Overhaul of all deck hatches, including custom hinges replacement
• Painting of cockpit table
• Polishing and partial painting of cockpit and deck raised areas
• Replacement of halyard organiser covers and mast base covers with easily removable
ones for improved maintenance
• Painting of carbon wheels
• New carbon protection for mast instruments added
• Painting of bow internal area bilges
• New grey upholstery in saloon
• Light sanding and painting of interior woodworks keeping the original natural wood
feeling. Full refit of closets and drawers locks
• Flooring repaint with sophisticated finish to update the interiors feeling
• Full check of fridges and water maker with wearable parts replacement
• Installation of 2 Raymarine 9 Inch Touch Screen Multifunction Navigation Display
• Installation of 2 Raymarine i70s multifunction instruments at the wheels (including AIS
• Wi-fi router with tablet for easy navigation and Raymarine instruments mirroring
• Full maintenance of the steering system
• Changes to the tender garage door electrical control system to improve functionality
• Service batteries replacement (4 x Mastervolt Gel 140Ah) - December 2019
• Engine battery replacement (Gel 105 Ah) - July 2019
• Antal winches complete revision with replacement of all worn out parts
• Hydraulic system maintenance including vang full refit
• Running rigging overhaul with replacement of worn out parts and components
• Replacement of halyards sheaves on mast
• Code 0 and genoa furlers revision and upgrade with new ropes
• Full check on mast and shrouds
• New mainsail, code 0 halyards. New mainsail sheet and reefing line
• New Quantum membrane mainsail 50% carbon 50% aramidic total 30000 dpi with UV
stabilised grey double tafeta
• New self tacking jib Quantum - LP 90% - vertical battens. 50% carbon 50% aramidic total
28000 dpi with UV stabilised grey double tafeta
• All other sails were sent to loft for care and repair (carbon jib, gennaker, code 0)
• New hight quality antitorsion cable with Harken terminals for code 0
• Installation of new compasses at the wheels
• Revision and software update of Raymarine electronics
• Reinforcement of stanchions
• Improvements to mainsheet control
• Full check and software update of on-bard domotics (touch screen control panel)
• Many minor functional upgrades and updates
• Volvo engine “1000 hours” checks and parts replacement.
Proof of all refit works done is available on request.
• I = 21
• J = 5.55
• P = 21.10
• E = 6.83
• Sail area – 155sqm
• 4 spreader rig – deck stepped
• Carbon fibre mast from Nordic Spars.
• Carbon fibre park avenue boom from Kng Composites.
• Nitronic 50 rod standing rigging and chainplates
• Carbon bowsprit
• Furler for Code Zero
• Reckmann genoa furler
• Self-tacking jib with Antal track
• German mainsheet system
• Holmatro vang, outhaul & jib halyard.
• Twin Kevlar backstays with Holmatro hydraulic adjustment
• Spectra sheets- 2017
• Dyneema halyards – 2017
• Harken & Antal deck gear
• Quantum Sails carbon/aramid 30000dpi with UV stabilised grey double tafeta membrane mainsail – 2017
• Quantum Sails LP90 carbon/aramid 28000dpi with UV stabilised grey double taffeta and vertical battens self-tacking jib – 2017
• Millenium light/medium jib with battens
• Code 0 – fitted with new anti-torsion cable 2017
• Gennaker with sock for cruising.
• Gennaker - A0 light airs - 0.75 oz
• Gennaker - A1 light/med airs - 0.9oz.
• All sails were sent to loft for care and repair (carbon jib, gennaker, code 0) during 2017 refit.
• Running rigging overhaul with replacement of worn out parts and components
• Code 0 furler revision and upgrade.
• Check on mast and shrouds
• Renewed code 0 halyards.
• New mainsail sheet.
• New anti-torsion cable for code 0
Below decks, the traditional Vismara layout is prominent and the renowned styling and attractive solutions, that have become an industry leader, is very much on offer again with "B5".
The owners cabin lies in the bow while the two twin guest cabins are in the aft and all have their own private bathrooms. The saloons floor is slightly raised to create a larger technical space for the structural tanks and most systems, to keep as much weight as possible amidships and to easily trace and control the systems.
This was also the thinking behind the decision to locate the engine at the centre of the saloon. It is completely enclosed in a casing that can be flipped open for inspection and maintenance purposes. It also creates a stand and structure for the dining table which can be opened up thanks to side wings and also raised to accommodate up to eight dinners at a time.
The kitchen is elegantly separated by steps, which are barely noticeable and offers the ideal continuation of the dining area.
The electrical integrated system, distributed throughout the hull to reduce and centralise the weight, has a back-up system and all of the on-board instruments can be monitored and controlled from just one touch screen.
• All interior woodwork in varnished light wood
• Main bulkhead, hull innings and heads finished in white
• Light cloth upholstery
• 24vDC & 12vDC domestic systems with 220vAC via shore-power or inverter
• 1x 105Ah 12vDC Varta gel engine start battery – 2017
• 4x 140Ah 24vDC Mastervolt gel service batteries – 2017
• Mastervolt 120Ah battery charger
• Engine-mounted alternator 12V.
• Additional Mastervolt 160Ah alternator for charging service batteries 24V.
• Mastervolt 5kw inverter
• 230v shore power with isolator and circuit breaker
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• The hot freshwater circuit is led into a well insulated 60 litre hot water tank, heated by engine or 230v AC immersion heater element.
• Fresh water shower in cockpit
• Fresh water shower in tender garage area
• Schenker reverse osmosis watermaker
• Electric and manual bilge pumps
• Electric shower drain pumps
Engine & gearbox:
• Volvo Penta 75hp diesel engine
• Saildrive gearbox
• Fresh¬water cooled engine.
• Single lever engine control.
Propulsion & Steering:
• Folding propeller - 4 bladed.
• Twin wheel steering with carbon steering wheels
• Emergency tiller.
• MaxPower retractable bow thruster.
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• 2x Raymarine i70 multifunction displays in cockpit – 2017
• 3x Mast-mounted maxi repeaters
• Navigation computer with wifi tablet – 2017
• 2x computer screens below decks – 1 dedicated with monitoring and management of systems and the other for navigation with Raymarine software
• Raymarine autopilot
• Raymarine radar
• CTRX Carbon AIS system.
• Raymarine GPS
• Raymarine wind, speed and depth transducers
• Raymarine VHF
• Antal winch package 6 x 2-speed self-tailing winches with 2x electric.
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
• Fire extinguishers
• Stove with 3x gas burners
• 115 litre 24v DC refrigerator plus freezer and drinks refrigerator - 3 in total.
• 3x heads and showers
• Hot & cold pressurised water supplies with shower in heads
• Eberspacher diesel fired heating system
• 32” LCD TV
• Sony DVD player with Bose speakers
• 1x 300 litres fuel tank
• 2x 250 litres fresh water tanks
• 1x 250 litres black water holding tank
• Double stainless steel rod lifelines.
• Cockpit table integrated in deck
• Pasarelle - integrated into the transom and made from carbon.
• Swimming ladder
• Dinghy in tender garage
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Electric anchor windlass
• Anchor with chain
• Fenders & warps
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
• Sprayhood and bimini
• Cockpit cushions