Ancasta are acting as brokers for the vendor who is not selling in the course of business unless otherwise stated. These details are prepared from information provided by the vendor and are intended only as a guide to give a fair description of the vessel but their accuracy cannot be guaranteed and they do not constitute part of any contract. A prospective buyer is strongly advised to check the particulars and to have the vessel fully surveyed by a qualified marine surveyor. Details are supplied on the understanding that all negotiations shall be through Ancasta brokerages. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice. Please Note: where the vessel’s status shows as “Preliminary”, details of the vessel have not yet been confirmed by the Vendor.
- Make J/Boats
- Model J/122e
- Year 2015
- LOA 40ft/12m
- Class Performance Sail
- Hull Glass Reinforced Plastic
- Keel Fin Keel
- Rig Sloop
- Engine Single Diesel
- Drive Sail Drive
- Layout Aft Cockpit
- Berths 6
- Ancasta Ref 38781
- Name Juno
OverviewJUNO, a J/122E is a superb example of this highly successful cruiser racer design from J/Boats.
This updated design, launched in 2015 has been a hugely successful boat on the race course, with multiple victories to her name including Vice Admirals cup win and also the 2019 Performance 40 class overall winner.
On top of the brilliant presentation and inventory of sails and hardware, the boat is highly capable under cruising conditions and offers a true, dual-purpose solution.
Available March 2022 onwards.
A New Performance Standard
With moderate displacement, a highly efficient hull, and a powerful sailplan the J/122e delivers true all-weather performance - able to sail nearly as fast as the wind speed in under 7 knots and yet stand up strong in a blow. The J/122e not only expands your opportunities to sail but expands your sailing range too, routinely able to log 200+ sailing miles per day while passage-making. J/122e is based on the same performance platform as the award-winning J/122 , which has logged impressive race wins in some of the world's most prestigous events - including the Rolex Fastnet Race, Newport-Bermuda Race, Chicago-Mac Race, and the Rolex Caribbean 600 and Middle Sea Races.
J122E with Club Racing specification
Dimensions Foot/ Lbs Meter/ Kg
LOA 40.00 12.19
LWL 34.60 10.55
Beam 11.91 3.63
Standard Draft 7.22 2.20
Standard Ballast 5,600 2,540
Displacement 14,900 6,760
Engine 40 hp
Hull & Deck
• Infusion molded sandwich construction using uni-and multi-directional fiberglass, low density balsa core, vinylester resin and the “SCRIMP” patented resin infusion process.
• White gelcoat hull finish with integrated gelcoat double boot stripe in flag blue.
• Off-white deck with two optional choice of non-skid colors
• Hull-to-deck joint is bonded with a methacrylate structural adhesive.
• Transverse/longitudinal grids and mast step are infused as part of the hull molding.
• Infusion molded, main bulkhead.
• All intermediate bulkheads are glassed to hull and deck for stiffness.
• Low VCG keel with encapsulated cast iron fin with lead bulb, bolted and bonded to shallow sump, with seamed joint to allow for easy removal.
• ORC legal foredeck toe rails molded into the deck.
• Large capacity self draining foredeck chain locker, with space for optional windlass.
• Two side lockers in cockpit, each capable of life-raft stowage.
• One aft locker in cockpit sole (aft of wheel).
• Option for a removable aft locker/dock box.
• One Gas/LPG bottle locker, vented and drained overboard.
• Integrated mounting in seahood for dodger attachment. Seahood with instrument pod.
• Transom platform with removable swimming ladder.
• Balanced, composite rudder using uni and multi-directional fiberglass, on high resistance stainless steel stock, turning on JP3 self-aligning bearings.
Spars & Rigging
100% SA 865 80.35
I 54.42 16.59
ISP 57.68 17.58
J 15.20 4.63
P 51.34 15.65
E 17.57 5.36
Spars & Rigging
• Auto-claved carbon fiber mast, runner less with double spreaders, mainsail track, finished in clear coat.
• Black painted aluminum boom, with 12:1 outhaul purchase system, two reef line sheaves, internal mainsheet anchoring point and forward articulated blocks to deck.
• Pre-molded mast wedge system, and adjustable mast step.
• Discontinuous rod rigging (Nitronic 50).
• Remote panel hydraulic backstay adjuster with panel installed on forward face of pedestal.
• SS hydraulic panel guard.
• Retractable carbon bowsprit controlled from cockpit with watertight containment box draining overboard.
• Solid boom vang with 24:1 integral purchase system.
• Vectran mainsail and jib halyard.
• One spinnaker halyard with snap shackle.
• Mainsail traveler lines.
• Adjustable jib car lines.
• Two reef lines.
Option upgrade - second Jib and Masthead halyard added with associated hardware.
Option upgrade - Padded mast shin
All sails from North Sails UK loft.
2015 3Di (1 reef)
2017 3DL Offshore
2018 3Di Raw Inshore
2021 3Di Raw Offshore
J1 2015 3DL
J1 2018 3Di
J1 2020 3Di
J2 2015 3Di
J2 2017 3Di
J2 2019 3Di
J3 2015 3Di
J3 2020 3Di
J3.5 2017 Dacron
BRO 2021 3Di
A1.5 2019 White
A2 2015 Black
A2 2019 Green
A2+ 2021 Red
A3 2015 Blue
A4 2015 Orange
A4 2021 Red
A0 2015 3DL
A0 2021 3Di Helix
• Volvo D2 40 HP Saildrive diesel engine, 115 AH alternator, with double diode and fresh water-cooling with heat exchanger.
• Volvo engine controls & fuel gauge recessed in cockpit, with plexiglass protection, including rev. counter, hour meter and alarms for oil pressure, low voltage and water temperature.
• 35 gallon aluminum fuel tank.
• Sound insulated engine compartment, ventilation pipes.
• Two-blade folding propeller.
• Two Harken 50.2 STA self-tailing primary winches.
• Two Harken 46.2 STA mainsheet winches.
• Two Harken 40 STA halyard winches on aft end of coachroof.
• Four Harken lock-in winch handles, including two “Speed Grip” type.
• Four winch handle holders.
• Below decks 2:1 Harken mainsheet system starting at the traveler, led forward through the boom, down to side decks, then aft under deck to cockpit winches.
• Harken adjustable mainsheet traveler with 6:1 purchase with ratchets and cam cleats attached to car.
• Harken jib tracks, with ball-bearing car system and adjustable purchase led to the cockpit.
• Two Harken footblocks for jib sheets.
• Harken spinnaker sheet blocks mounted on thu-deck U bolts.
• Five mast base turning blocks.
• Two 4-sheave deck organizers to lead halyards and reef lines aft.
• Four stoppers on each side of coachroof.
• Spinnaker tack line led aft to stopper on starboard side of coachroof.
• Roller furling control line led aft to stopper on port side of coachroof.
• Bowsprit control line led to cockpit.
• Bow roller.
• Six mooring cleats.
• Stainless chainplates for shrouds and backstay
• One foredeck opening hatch (500 x 500 mm) with vent.
• One opening hatch (340 x 200) for heads.
• One opening hatch (340 x 200) for forward cabin.
• One opening hatch (500 x 370 mm) for main cabin.
• Two opening ports (304 x 155 mm) for forward cabin and heads.
• Large fixed window (P & S) in main salon with single opening port.
• Four opening ports for aft cabins (two on sides, two in cockpit).
• Two line bags.
• Option for large companionway dodger with removable sides and opening front.
• Stainless handrails on top of coachroof.
• Double rail stainless pulpit and pushpit.
• Double lifeline system with 8 stanchions including 4 with reinforcing leg.
• Compass on wheel pedestal with stainless binnacle guard.
• Acrylic companionway washboard with lock, stored in aft cockpit locker.
• Removable and retractable swim ladder.
• Flagstaff holder integrated into pushpit leg.
• Emergency tiller.
B&G H5000 processor with additional sensors including compass and heel angle.
Over height masthead VMU wand
3x the latest Triton displays on the “eyebrow”
3x Garmin GNX displays on the mast. All of this has been fitted, maintained and calibrated by Diverse
DST800 Speed/Depth/Temp sensor
B&G Zeus 2 plotter
Hi-rate digital compass.
Scanstrut 3-way mast bracket
GOFREE Wifi module.
The Primary winches have been upgraded to Harken 50 radials and the pit winches to Harken Performa 40 Quattro’s.
The backstay is now powered by an electric pump with controls on either side of the cockpit. The loads are then measured by a Cyclops SmartTune on the forestay
Reaching strut with mast attachment.
Brand new cradle is also available.
• Cold-molded, solid, and laminated walnut, finished in satin varnish. White finish on main bulkhead.
• Removable, wood effect veneered floor panels with lockdown hardware and ss metal ferrules and flush fasteners.
• White wood hull lining effect in main cabin. Vinyl lining on hull sides in sleeping cabins.
• Cored and insulated doors to all cabin areas.
• Large double V-berth with top access lockers below.
• Large hanging locker, desk with storage above and below.
• Locker and bookshelf on port side.
• Shelf above berth on port side, bow sprit containment area to starboard
• Access door to main cabin and forward head.
• Integrally molded for easy maintenance, with shower tray, sink with access below to seacocks, toilet roll holder.
• Sink is recessed in synthetic resin colored worktop, with rail for hand towel.
• Retractable faucet/shower with pressurized hot and cold water.
• Electric shower drain pump.
• Large storage area along the hull side with dual hinged & angled mirror doors.
• Recessed access door to main and forward cabins
AFT CABINS (Port & Starboard)
• Large hanging locker.
• Locker with doors, storage below and above.
• Shelf along the hull side.
• Large double berth.
• Access door to engine.
• Option for extra water tank under berth (Starboard cabin).
• Recessed access doors to main cabin.
CHART TABLE (to port)
• Large forward facing chart table.
• Chart and navigation tool storage under table top lid.
• Locker under chart table.
• Top access bookshelf/bin locker outboard.
• Large hinge panels outboard for instruments.
• Navigator’s seat with storage below.
• Large storage locker and shelf aft of nav seat with hinge down access panel on forward face.
• Settee/berths to port and starboard.
• Drop leaf table with integrated rails and bottle storage compartment.
• Large storage lockers behind backrests.
• Water tank and fuel tank under settees.
• Two stainless handrails on overhead.
• Double hull windows on each side.
• Integrated, sliding curtains.
L-SHAPED GALLEY (to starboard)
• Gimbaled LPG gas stove with oven and 2 burners, with s/s protection bar.
• Double s/s sink unit recessed in synthetic resin worktop.
• Pressurized hot and cold water.
• Large 150 liter molded icebox/fridge, with single top access, divider, storage shelf and 12v compressor.
• Two utensil drawers.
• Large storage under drawers.
• Storage under sink with shelf.
• Trash bin with direct access from worktop.
• Full length locker outboard of galley worktop with crockery storage system.
• White laminate finish for better wear resistance.
• Open locker/molded shelf for loose deck gear.
• Steps with angled treads between bulkheads.
• SS handrails mounted between bulkheads.
• Front engine access via piston assisted hinge-up lid.
Plumbing & Electrical
• Manual bilge pump in cockpit.
• Electric bilge pump with switch from automatic to manual with control and individual warning light.
• Shower drain pump with filter.
• Pressurized water system.
• 12V DC refrigeration.
• Stainless water tank (42 gallon) under main cabin settee (additional water tank as option).
• Icebox drain.
• 5 gallon hot water tank.
• Marine WC.
• Holding tank with pump-out.
• Two 100 AH AGM type batteries & one 70 AH battery for engine, with switches. The batteries are charged by either the engine or the battery charger.
• 12V electrical panel, with fuel gauge, voltmeter and amp meter.
• Halogen lights on ceilings and swiveling tulip lights in cabins.
• Ceiling light in heads.
• Low voltage LED navigation lights on pushpit and pulpit.
• Steaming light and mooring light.
• Grounding system for protection against lightning.
• Mastervolt Battery charger.
Exterior teak upgrade to side decks and cockpit.
Electric windlass with removable bow roller and 10kg Delta anchor.
2 x opening ports in aft face of coach roof.
Removable aft locker
Holding tank outlet at sea, through manual pump.
Spray hood and frame
Removable cockpit table with bracket
CAT 4 safety kit (No guarantees given to service dates)
AIRTOP 3.9kw heating system
Fenders and warps
5.9kg (race) anchor and chain
Enjoy a 10% discount
with Advanced Rigging & Hydraulics on new standing and running rigging when you buy a used yacht through the Ancasta Brokerage network. Also, contact Advanced Rigging & Hydraulics about their discounts on mooring and anchoring system for motoryachts purchased via Ancasta.
Call: +44 02380 454 280
*quote: “Ancasta Brokerage offer”