HYSRR Project Manager
Role: Project Manager
Reporting to: Director of Operations
Overall responsibility for delivering service, repair and refit projects on time and on budget.
Specific responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Responsible for creating and maintaining the works schedule for the workforce (10+), to include sub-contractors.
- Co-ordinate the purchasing of materials and parts with the office team and stores, ensuring all parts are delivered prior to projects starting.
- Co-ordinate the workforce, suppliers and contractors to ensure that all service, repair and refit work is carried out to the highest standards, maximising labour returns.
- Provide the sales team with estimated completion dates, then support the workforce to achieve these.
- Communicate issues which may change the estimated cost of repair or forecast completion date to the sales team, so the owners are advised as works progress.
- Manage and control stock materials, direct purchases and labour hours for each project.
- Ensure the highest standards of quality and finish are met.
- Check daily timesheets for accuracy prior to them being entered by Sales Admin, responsible for agreeing any overtime in advance.
- Ensure that all H&S Regulations (including COSHH) are adhered to, and the workshop, vans and tools all meet H&S standards of working.
- Must have a flexible attitude to working hours and be able to travel both in the UK and abroad at short notice if required.
- Full working knowledge of boat repairs and procedures.
- Ability to prioritise and manage boat repairs.
- Knowledge of quality management controls.
- Knowledge of H&S systems within a boat yard.
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills.
- Logical thinking with creative problem-solving ability.
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- Understanding of budget control.
- The ability to work well with others and lead a team.
- Strong IT skills.
Interested individuals should submit a copy of their CV with a covering letter to Joanna Despard, HR Manager at the following email address: email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is 8 January 2021.