Commissioning and After Sales Technician
Role: Commissioning & Aftersales Technician
Reporting to: Technical Aftersales Manager
Responsibilities will include but will not be limited to the following:
- To take a full and active role in the planning, coordination and execution of the commissioning process.
- Ensure the equipment required to commission the allocated boat is all present in advance where possible, communicating all late / outstanding deliveries to the Commissioning Manager, so suppliers can be chased.
- To carry out a full detailed check of the boat making/coordinating the appropriate repairs as required.
- Uploading Pinpoint with details and photographs of all snags, so claims can be made. Keeping points updated until conclusion.
- Responsible for the day-to-day activities of contractors, ensuring that the boat remains on schedule and that the highest standards are maintained.
- Complete the commissioning of each boat to the required standards ensuring the fitting of all equipment is in accordance with the manufacturers / Ancasta’s standards.
- Ensure that the timescales outlined in the commissioning programme are met and that the boat is available for handover at the prescribed date.
- Carry out a full and thorough handover of the boat to the client, including a sea trial, in accordance with the company’s guidelines ensuring that all documentation is completed and returned as required.
- To be part of the Aftersales and Service team dealing with warranty and service work in the UK & abroad as and when required.
- Assist with the general and shared functions to ensure the smooth operation of the department. Including good housekeeping of shed/stores and associated workplaces.
- Carry out all work in accordance with the company’s H&S policy.
- Recent and relevant working knowledge within the leisure marine industry – this is a prerequisite of the role.
- Proficient boat handling skills, particularly sailing boats. RYA qualifications an advantage.
- Boat building skills/qualifications.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to use own initiative as well as work as part of a team.
- Current holder of a UK driver’s license.
Interested individuals can email their CV to [email protected] before the closing date of Friday 14 October 2022.