Client Project Manager - Ancasta Yacht Services
Role: Client Project Manager
Reporting to: Managing Director
Aim – to provide professional guidance and technical sales advice throughout Ancasta’s unique customisation service for new boat clients, ensuring that the client’s needs are met.
Specific responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Client communication – main point of contact for clients once Contract signed, working closely with the Commissioning Coordinator until after handover.
- Customisation options – advising the client on the optimum solutions, taking into consideration intended cruising area, home berth, longer term plans and experience level.
- Client Commissioning meetings – presenting post-contract extras (PCE) custom options, guiding clients in a professional and informative manner with the Commissioning Coordinator, travelling to the client if necessary.
- PCE quotation – liaising with suppliers to specify equipment and systems, presenting quotations to client, including technical specifications as appropriate.
- Purchase Orders – placing orders for all custom options directly with suppliers.
- Oversee the project – working closely with the Commissioning & Quality Manager to ensure project is on track for successful completion.
- Handover – in the absence of a Sales Manager at handover, to meet and greet clients in their place.
- Client experience – ensuring the client experience exceeds all expectations, being warm, courteous and exemplary in its execution.
- Options lists – developing the options packages to reflect advancing technology – eg. AV systems, Wi-Fi, power generation and management.
- Supplier pricing – assisting with annual review of commissioning and PCE options costs.
- Post -handover – ensuring details of any items quoted for but not taken up, are passed to the relevant team for future reference.
- Previous experience with either construction, maintenance or operation of yachts, sail and power and detailed technical knowledge of boat’s systems and equipment a requirement.
- Boat handling skills and previous passage making an advantage.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills with customers, suppliers and colleagues alike.
- Solid commercial and business acumen.
- Must have a flexible attitude to working weekends if required, and be able to travel both in the UK and abroad at short notice if needed.
- The ideal candidate will currently be working in a similar role within the marine industry.
Interested individuals should submit a copy of their CV together with a covering letter to Joanna Despard, HR Manager at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is 3 December 2021.