Ancasta are acting as brokers for the vendor who is not selling in the course of business unless otherwise stated. These details are prepared from information provided by the vendor and are intended only as a guide to give a fair description of the vessel but their accuracy cannot be guaranteed and they do not constitute part of any contract. A prospective buyer is strongly advised to check the particulars and to have the vessel fully surveyed by a qualified marine surveyor. Details are supplied on the understanding that all negotiations shall be through Ancasta brokerages. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice. Please Note: where the vessel’s status shows as “Preliminary”, details of the vessel have not yet been confirmed by the Vendor.
- Make Cookson
- Model 50
- Year 2007
- LOA 50ft/15m
- Class Performance Sail
- Hull Carbon Fibre
- Keel Fin Keel
- Rig Sloop
- Engine Single Diesel
- Drive Sail Drive
- Layout Aft Cockpit
- Berths 8
- Ancasta Ref 41297
- Name FURIOSA
OverviewFuriosa is a great example of the evergreen Cookson 50 design, that has been turning heads on the race course longer than just about any other design out there.
Formerly known as "Camilla", she has lived in Scandinavia for most of her years, as well as latterly racing in the Med and some iconic RORC races.
She is the Turbo-charged version with taller mast, deep keel and benefits from a large sail wardrobe update in 2022.
A fine example of these brilliant, offshore orientated yachts.
This Cookson 50 is designed by Farr Yacht Design, built and marketed by Cookson Boats NZL.
She is built in carbon with a canting keel which makes her extremely fast, strong and easy to sail; the perfect IRC-ORC offshore racer.’
The Cookson 50 incorporates a proven and reliable canting keel system with a single forward canard providing incredible reaching and running speed and great upwind performance.
LOA - 14.99m (Shortened in 2008 by 23cm)
DWL - 13.85m
Bmax - 4.3m
Draft - 3.55m
Disp - 7599kg
Bulb weight - 3140 approx
Fin weight - 480-500kg
Hull is constructed in a female mould.
Construction is Carbon Fibre with Closed Cell Foam Core.
Laminates are infused with epoxy resin, consolidated under vacuum and heat cured.
Bulkheads, structural frames and longitudinal's are constructed from
Carbon/E-glass laminates with closed cell foam core..
Reinforced in high load areas with carbon laminates.
Deck is constructed in female mould.
Construction is Carbon Fibre with Closed Cell Foam Core.
End Grain Balsa Core is used in areas of high compression load.
Resin infused with epoxy.
Fabricated Steel Keel Fin bonded in to fibreglass mouldings.
Rudder and rudder stock are constructed of Carbon Fibre.
Rudder bearings are self aligning.
Forward canard and canard case are carbon composite.
The yacht cosmetics are a vinyl wrap, with original white painted finish underneath.
Spars & Rigging
In 2010 she was equipped with a new, taller Hall Spars mast and boom, as the Cookson 50 was considered a little under powered, with all the top yachts having this upgrade undertaken.
Results since then have seen an overwhelming improvement in performance and the "turbo" version is now considered the only option to have.
• Hall Spars Mast and Boom with built in hydraulic jack. (2010) Two spreader, high modulus carbon,
• New Harken Foil 10/2022
• Antal sail track with masthead and first reef lock.
• 2 spinnaker masthead internal ”bullet style” lock.
• Carbon Hall Spars boom, 2011. 3-1 internal dyneema outhauls.
• Two reef with inboard internal spinlock ZS jammer.
• Carbon Fiber retracting bow sprit
• Rod rigging replaced 10/2022
• Portable Enerpac mast jack (10 ton w/ gauge) replaced 4/2022
• Main Evolution 2019
• Main Evolution 2022
• J1.5, Evolution 2022
• J2, Evolution 2019
• J3, Evolution 2019
• J4 Evolution 2022
• JT Evolution 2019
• A1 Evolution 2022
• A2 Evolution 2021
• A3 North sails 2018
• A4 Evolution 2022
• A5 Evolution 2022
• A6 North sails 2021
• A0 North sails 2018
• Spinnaker Staysail Evolution 2019
• Genoa Staysail Evolution 2019
• Trysail North sails 2006
• Strom Jib North sails 2006
• Wind Seeker North sails 2009
• Canting Keel Electronics
• B&G H5000 NEW 2018
• Precision 9 Compass
• 2 FFD Displays in the cockpit bulkheads
• B&G ZEUS 9 plotter in cockpit
• Wind instrument at mast head
• FFD Displays at the helm stations
• Speed & Depth sensors
• 4 x 20 / 20 Displays on the mast bracket
• 2 FFD Display at Nav Station
• B&G 12 Plotter at Nav Station
• B&G Auto pilot w/type 2 hydraulic drive unit
• 2X Harken 52,2ST Pit winchs.
• 2X Harken 65,3ST Hydraulic power primary winch,
• 2X Harken 65,3ST mainsheet winches hydraulic power.
• 2X Harken 52,2ST backstay Winch.
• Harken blocks
• Spinlock Jammers
• Large L-shaped galley set to starboard with lots of storage space
• Stove (with room for a full oven)
• Double galley sink
• Isotherm Fridge
• Hot / Cold Water System
• Double sinks
• 20 circuit breaker electrical panel
• Battery Monitor Meter
• 12v electrical socket at Nav Station
• LED Navigation Lights
• Electric roving bilge pump
• Forward cabin divider to enclose cabin. Large fixed V berth with plenty of storage underneath in front
• Number of Berths : Cot berths x 8 for racing.
• Enclosed forward starboard head with lightweight marine toilet. Moulded vanity with wash basin and cupboard below.
• Nav station to port
• Saloon with settees and upper and lower bunks
• Canting keel ram and wet-box are under the starboard L-shaped settee.
• Seat back stowage
• Removable bulkhead doors
• Lot of spares and ropes
• Shims for mast and dagger.
• Mainsail Boom Cover
• Shore cradle
Recent updates and service carried out on FURIOSA EST 999• New Rod rigging 10/2022 • New front Hatch 09/2022 • All hydraulics serviced ram etc removed and serviced 5/2022 • New 12v 2kw DC Motor 7/2022 • Standing pedestals modified 2021 • New batteries 2021 • Mast Resprayed 2020 • Kell striped and NDT and torques tested 2020 • Small interior mods 2020 • Backstays 2019 • Decks re sprayed Awlgrip Medium Grey 2019