545,000 Tax Paid | Location: Genoa
- Make Oyster
- Model 56
- Year 2006
- LOA 56ft/17m
- Class Sailing Cruiser
- Hull Glass Reinforced Plastic
- Keel Fin Keel
- Rig Sloop
- Engine Single Diesel
- Drive Shaft Drives
- Layout Centre Cockpit
- Berths 8
- Cabins 4
- Aft Cabins 1
- Ancasta Ref 31598
OverviewThe Oyster 56 is perhaps best summed up as a quality blue water cruiser that was ahead of its time and combines good sailing characteristics with luxurious accommodation. Built over a 10-year period from the late 1990s onwards, the Oyster 56 is the most popular model in Oyster’s 42-year history, with more than 70 built. There are a number of reasons for this success, but in particular, it’s an optimum size for many people: small enough to be sailed by a couple without paid crew, but large enough to take four or even six guests in comfort as well. A Rob Humphreys design with good performance and up-to-date design thinking, while retaining hallmark Oyster features including a skeg-hung rudder, option for a cutter headed rig with an efficient heavy weather jib on a furler and a spacious deck saloon.
Below decks - The 56 was offered with the choice of two interior arrangements and Wildcard has the A option with two guest cabins plus a walk-in stowage/crew cabin alongside the separate engine space. She also has a large en-suite owner’s stateroom aft, and a double fore cabin, both with island beds. As you might expect, the saloon is superbly spacious and well lit. There’s also an impressive galley, with a five-burner gimbaled cooker, front opening fridge, a freezer and ample worktop and stowage space. The Oyster 56 offers an impressive amount of stowage that makes living on board for long periods significantly more comfortable and organised.
Equipment and options - The boat was offered with a comprehensive inventory as standard, including many items that appear on the extras list of other yachts. These include a teak laid deck, sprayhood, dorade vents, folding prop and bow thruster. In addition the engine is equipped with twin alternators – one dedicated to the start batteries, the other (a 3.6kW unit) for charging the 480Ah domestic battery bank. There’s also a 75 amp mains power charger, plus a full set of electronics, including pilot, chart plotter and instrumentation.
Wildcard was ordered form new by the current owner who utilised the skill and knowledge of Vortec marine who are Oyster specialists to make sure she is an exceptional example of a very successful model.
What it does best - There are a number of standout factors for this boat, notably the blend of excellent accommodation and good sailing performance, as well as the build quality and high standard of equipment. In addition, a degree of after-sales support continues long after an Oyster is first delivered – the company keeps files of all the boats it has built, including documentation of all the gear that was originally fitted. For those planning to undertake longer voyages and extended cruising, the generous tankage and stowage, and the design’s excellent load carrying ability will all be advantageous.
BuildOYSTER 56 BUILT IN 2006
Displacement (standard keel): 26,500kg
Air draught 22.68m
All figures approximate
HULL AND DECK MOLDINGS & KEEL
• Layout Option A
• Standard deep draft version
• Hull white
• Double boot top lines - Dark Blue 7118 "RAL 5013"
• Cove line - Dark Blue 7118 "RAL 5013"
• Deck white.
• Decks teak-laid.
• Yacht sloop rig
• All interior moldings white.
• Gas deck locker used for stowage (electric cooking)
DECK FINISH & LAYOUT
• Standard cockpit table with central insulated icebox with fridge
• Upgraded to gloss varnish
• Cockpit Table Cover in same material as sprayhood, with flap for access and pocket on fwd end for sun cream etc.
• SS grab rail to aft edge of sprayhood
• Sprayhood colour DUNE
• Leather cover for above grab rail
• Carbon steering wheel in lieu of standard
• Stainless steel grab rail and mug rack on "Athena" pedestal.
• Liferaft stowage incorporated in PORT pushpit for 8 man liferaft
• Jon Buoy Recovery Module incorporated in STBD pushpit SS.
• LifeSling used with spinnaker halyard
• Teak treads in transom boarding ladder
• Teak treads in both transom step rungs inc hand cutouts
• Increased depth of stern boarding ladder to MCA requirements of 600mm below DWL
• Chain plates for both spinnaker sheets and upstand blocks for guys, pair of Wichard folding pad eyes for downhaul
• In lieu of Wichard pad eyes, Ronstan flush fitted screw-in blocks fitted for spinnaker blocks
• 1 x additional Spinlock rope clutch for twin foreguy - 1 on each side deck near cockpit.
• Bimini including fixtures and stowage bag including clear panel & velcro flap for boom light and clear panel with velcro flap above wheel for helmsman to view main sail -
• Pedestal/Wheel cover - colour DUNE
• Carbon steering wheel in lieu of standard
• Davits upgraded to electric S300 (300kg max load)
• Remote windlass control switch in cockpit
• Coloured link inserts as chain markers
• Carbon 3.2m Passerelle from Multiplex
• Passerelle / 2nd main halyard, mast clutches , SS spreader bar, wires and stays
• Twin stainless steel gas struts to lazarette lid
• Single stainless steel gas strut to each of the aft deck locker
• Quarter pushpit seats in SS & teak
• horizontal middle SS rail on the backrest of the quarter pushpit seats to make the area more secure
• Webbing jackstays (Gold colour), with shackles to bases of fwd and aft cleats
• Partitioned anchor locker with kedge anchor stowage
• 20kg Bruce kedge anchor for MCA requirements
• 100m of 18mm octoplait warp and 10m of 12mm chain
• Increased main anchor chain by 10m to 70m for MCA
• Teak bulwark capping rail left natural teak as standard
• Pair of additional stern fairleads cut into cap rail
• Pair of additional ss mooring cleats for extra fairleads
• Saloon roof top to be painted with white non slip deck paint
• 2x S/S treads on the cap rail at the 3 gates
• OM locking latch to the centre of the lazarette hatch in lieu of STD lift ring, keep STD dogs PT & STBD for use at sea
• SS dorade guards to aft deck
• Canvas covers to all winches in Sunbrella 'Dune'
• All hatches forward of mast to be hinged on their fwd edge to meet MCA requirements
• Amend pulpit to accept footprint of Lopolight LED nav light
RigRIG, SPARS & FITTINGS
• Standard aluminium sloop rig with removable inner forestay
• Standard mast bars and add halyard loop to each
• Spinnaker gear, with single pole and on mast stowage, 2 halyards, sheets, guys & blocks, topping lift & downhaul, with deck fittings to match. (Hood mast)
• Preventer lines (12mm braid w/6mm tails) fixed on boom to attach to lazy pole downhaul guy, inc cost of second spi pole downhaul
• Storm Jib package inc removable forestay / adjuster / deck plates / halyard / sheets/ track & cars
• Storm Jib 16 sq m Orange Dacron - 9.5oz cross cut (North)
• Windex at masthead
• Firdell Blipper radar reflector on mast
• Boom light
• Upgrade to include dimmer on pedestal as per 56/43
• Pair of spreader lights switched at pedestal
• Tri-White anchor/navigation light at masthead.
• Upgraded to LED Lopolight and also upgrade the STD steaming light.
• Navtec hydraulic backstay adjuster with manual operating panel in cockpit & mechanical lock off
• Upgrade above to include hydraulic vang - A850-VC-030
• Upgrade to include hydraulic outhaul in boom
• Extra conduit to masthead, for TV antenna & cellphone aerials
• Sea-me transponder antenna mounted on top spreader
• Navtec SS shroud covers PT & STBD (removable inner stay)
• Gimbled bracket on mast for radar scanner
SAILS & SAIL HANDLING
• Upgrade to Formula Hood Aluminum Smart boom
• Upgraded to sliders & track to Harken, with switch-track system for a lower sail stack height
• Upgrade to Reckmann electric furler
• Upgrade primaries to electric Lewmar 66CEST winches, push buttons fitted on outboard face of cockpit coaming
• Upgrade standard mainsheet winch to electric Lewmar 48CEST and relocate winch to PT side behind cockpit coaming, button on outboard side of coaming. This will delete the coach roof port above the hanging locker in the aft cabin. This also deletes the deck gear fitted to the eyebrow and under the sprayhood
• On STBD fit Lewmar 48 manual winch, deleting the x2 Lewmar 16 traveler winches, including x2 double clutches and double block mainsheet traveler car - see deck plan for detail
• Lewmar 54CEST electric winch on deck beside mast on PT, with x3 upstand blocks off the deck ring as per deck plan
• Running backstays for use in rough weather and with the storm sail set
• Headsail and Staysail UV strips, where appropriate in white
• Genoa & slab-reef main from North Sails (Spectra)
• Cruising chute with snuffer from North Sails
• Furling Gennaker
• Carbon bow sprit
• NOTE – mast and standing rigging removed and serviced in 2015 to Navtec recommendations.
Sail area (150% fore triangle) 174.5sq m
AccommodationINTERIOR LAYOUT & JOINERY
• Yacht fitted out in Maple joinery
• Interior layout is confirmed as option A.
• This boat is to be built with Millennium styled interior joinery as standard with BLACK inlay lines in doors and saloon table
• 4th cabin to be fitted out as a workshop with lift up berth on top
• On aft bulkhead fit locker for racor fuel filters and watermaker, with double smoked Perspex doors
• Vertical drop down washboard with shock cord
• Ocean Air "Sky screens" to all deck hatches
• Galley counter tops in Avonite with upstands : Colour 'Night Pearl' K3-8580 with satin finish
• WC/heads counter tops in Avonite : Night Pearl K3-8580
• Watertight bulkhead & wooden door to fwd cabin
• 4-brick safe with key - hidden in Owner's cabin hanging locker
• Forward side cabin both berths widened to parallel the CL
• Galley wet locker
• Soap dispenser in both heads in lieu of soap dish and in galley
• Saloon table to have angled wine stowage on fwd/aft sides
• Crystal glasses in fwd STBD saloon locker
• SS book racks in PT & STBD saloon hull port recesses
• Saloon table to have burred finish with black inlay line - Birds eye maple
• Aft cabin fwd vanity unit to be made into a locker with the a 20" LCD TV set into the door, TV frame work, electrical install, and the TV
• Saloon aft STBD locker to house 20" LCD TV - price includes joinery, TV frame work, electrical install, and the TV.
• Aft cabin hanging locker to be taken full height with lift-up locker above to access electric main sheet winch motor
• Shelf with fiddle in both PT saloon upper lockers and PT & STBD upper lockers in aft cabin
MachineryENGINE, STERN GEAR & GENERATOR
• YANMAR 160 with CVB30.20 Aquadrive
• Maxprop feathering prop - 3 bladed
• Ambassador rope-cutter on prop shaft - AM15
• Second 150A / 24v Mastervolt alternator
• Engine start to generator start battery 12v "emergency" link
• Westerbeke generator 10.4KW, complete with water separator, ammeter & voltmeter, 220v @ 50Hz Changed for like for like model 2012
• Parallel plumb engine and genset racors in so both can run off a single unit and add vacuum gauges to both & SS drip trays
• MCA fire blanks to engine room air inlets/outlets with remote activation of fire extinguisher as per 56/45, inc fan switch
12/24V. DC ELECTRICS
• Upgraded to System Control Manager with inverter control
• Additional 230hr deep-cycle batteries (4x6v)- 24v 460AH total
• 9x Hella fans
• Red courtesy light at sole level - 3 off - 1 at each saloon step
• Install x2 red halogen overhead night lights, one over galley and one over chart table
• Install LED flexi chart reading light at nav station
• Alpine CDA9812RR with KCA420i interface for iPod with cable connection in locker
• cockpit volume control inside the companionway
• Carlin rocker switches on pedestal
• 24v Dri-Plug at pedestal for searchlight & NUC lights (MCA)
• Gas detector in galley for MCA requirements
• Extractor fan in aft head
• Dimmer switch at pedestal for boom light
• Dimmer switches (24v dc) for saloon main lighting - x2
• Nav lights LED Lopolight
• Status TV antenna at mast head linked to TV & Audio equipment
220V. ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT
• Extra 220V AC Clipsal double sockets (x3) in addition to the STD x3, located as per JW drawing.
• All 220v sockets to be European style
• 100 amp charger for shorter generator running times with bow thruster, electric winches etc.
• Mastervolt 220v MASS Sine Inverter - 24v/500W for PC equip.
• Mastervolt 220v MASS Sine Inverter - 24/2500W
• Inverter will not run heavy load items such as immersion heater/washing machine/ cooker/watermaker
• Bosch washing machine (no dryer) Model WFO 2867
• Seafresh 204A - 220v AC watermaker (63 litres / hour)
• Product gauge for watermaker
• Auto freshwater backflush option with pump
• Electric 'Force 10' 3 hob cooker in lieu std gas
• Linn DVD/CD/FM Tuner with amplifier and 5.1 surround output to Anthony Gallo speakers (white) and sub-woofer under saloon seating on PT side. Link DVD output to screen in saloon. Link Audio Out to Alpine AUX IN for playing through cockpit speakers. Inc
• Toshiba LCD TV 20" widescreen set into the door of the saloon AV locker.
• Vasari MPC425NV PC, 120GB SSD, 4GB RAM, WIN 7 1.00 Inventica Yachtspot Wi-Fi system/router under chart table, connections to: Iridium/SSB/NMEA/Navtex/Monitor/Power/Wi-Fi/
• Liyama 15" LCD monitor at chart table linked to PC
• Toshiba LCD TV 20" widescreen set into locker door of aft cabin fwd bulkhead vanity unit, linked to Linn DVD system in saloon and TV antenna
• IR eye system in saloon linked to Linn/Alpine and in the aft cabin linked to saloon Linn DVD
• Sleipner 11hp tunnel Bow thruster (incl. GRP "eyebrow"),
• Control panel on steering pedestal
• Upgrade standard seawater inlets to a SS manifold system so that intakes are via two seacocks with oversized strainers and manifold system.
• Tank Tender system for fuel & water tanks, in addition to std dipsticks
• Freshwater wash down off boat's pressure system - outlet in anchor locker with short hose to reach stemhead
• Freshwater deck shower - hot & cold - in starboard transom locker
• PAR Quiet flush toilet linked to fresh water supply in fwd head with emergency seawater change over and non-return valve
• PAR Quiet flush toilet linked to fresh water supply in aft head with emergency seawater change over and non-return valve
• A gravity discharge POLYPROPYLENE toilet holding tank for forward WC, fitted with Wema gauge and gravity discharge or deck pump out systems.
• A gravity discharge POLYPROPYLENE toilet holding tank for aft WC, fitted with Wema gauge and gravity discharge or deck pump out systems.
• Seagull IV X-IF water purifier with dedicated tap at galley sink
• Add shut-off valves to the fuel & water tank breathers to meet MCA requirements
REFRIGERATION & AIR-CONDITIONING
• Frigomatic DC refrigeration for galley fridge with keel cooler
• Frigomatic DC refrigeration for cockpit table with keel cooler
• Frigomatic 50F twin compressor with twin plate for freezer box
• Freezer compressors to be direct water cooled
• 2x Cruisair air-con units (2x16000 BTU at 60Hz) 1 in saloon, 1 in aft cabin with spur duct to stbd side cabin but no return path
• Upgrade to 3x16000 BTU at 60Hz with the 3rd unit in the fwd cabin, also feeding the fwd PT cabin
• All the above with BLACK SMX digital controllers and single water circulating pump.
• Second 220V/30A shore power cable & socket for aircon loads
Fuel 950 litres
Water 950 litres
All figures approximate
• Simrad RS87 VHF with DSC
• 2nd RS87 station at pedestal
• Fog/hailer function and mast horn, with button on pedestal
• Furuno NX300 Navtex Receiver
• B&G Zeus 12" plotter EU version - B&G 3G HD Digital radar scanner with B&G RC42 rate compass, B&G ZG50 active GPS antenna, B&G NAIS-300 Class B AIS
• B&G Zeus 8: plotter EU version in Navpod Power Pod 5050
• Copper strip for future retro-fit of SSB
• Furuno 1570 SSB with DSC antenna
• Sea-Me radar transponder system - head mounted at chart table - antenna on mast head
• B&G Hydra Pilot with hydraulic linear drive
• B&G Hydra 2000 instrument package, inc. FFD at chart table/pedestal/aft cabin, analogue 360' wind at companionway, 20/20 displays (x4) at companionway with page buttons on pedestal
• B&G Remote Vision - cordless handheld pilot/instrument repeater
• WB audible instrument alarm in pedestal
• Scanti Iridium IMF 1000 sat phone (data & voice)
PAINTING, FINISHING & SOFT FURNISHINGS
• Cockpit cushions in plain acrylic with closed cell foam
• Upgrade to include quarter pushpit seats
• Upgrade to include aft deck cushions (x3) as per 56/45
• Removable mast cover - in headlining vinyl, with velcro
• Saloon table cover in headlining vinyl
• Seating in saloon of Alcantara - colour 7941 dark blue
• Forward & aft double cabins - seating, berth surround & headboard - all in Alcantara colour 7941 dark blue
• Mattress covers: Fabric, Planada
• All seating to be Millennium styled seating
MISCELLANEOUS, CHANDLERY, SAFETY EQUIPMENT & SPARES
• Avon 340 RIB without console and with 25HP Honda outboard
• Sunbrella cover over dinghy & davits for above RIB
• 1 x white horseshoe and light, 1 x TBC
• Forties ISAF 8 man liferaft in canister with grab bag (MCA)
• Jon Buoy recovery module in canister
• Flare box – may not be in date
• Basic Grab bag
• Fire extinguishers
• H/H VHF & 1 x binoculars
• Battery powered search light
• 2 x directors chairs TBC
• 4 mooring lines and 4 fenders
• Oyster crockery and cutlery
• Vessel manuals
• Misc. vessel spares
• Bosuns Chair
• Anchor ball and motoring cone
• Ensign Staff
• Boat hook
• Fitted Bottom Sheets for beds
• Clock and barometer
• Printer for PC - TBC
• Safety harnesses and lifejackets will be left on board buy buyer takes responsibility for all servicing.
• Fire Blanket in galley
• All standard glasses etc. will be left onboard along with pots and pans etc.
• Picture and glass bowl may be removed assuming it can be done without damaging the wood.
NOT INCLUDED IN SALE
Personal effects, including, personal tools, navigation equipment, cutlery, crockery, glassware, pictures etc.