Protector Brand Manager and PB Europe Sales Manager
Title: Protector Brand Manager and PB Europe Sales Manager
Reporting to: Sales Director
Primary responsibility will be to manage, co-ordinate and develop the sales and distribution of Protector Boats and possibly any future additional RIB range/s through the Ancasta network and the P B Europe Distribution Network that you will also set up.
Responsibilities will include (but not be limited) to the following:
1. All matters relating to the sale of new Protector Boats (production and custom) in line with manufacturer guidelines.
2. Working with the Sales Director to prepare budgets and strategic planning and taking responsibility for achieving forecasts and budgets, and ordering of future stock.
3. Compiling regular reports for the Sales Director detailing sales / prospect levels, activity levels and marketing efforts as well as any issues relating to the manufacturer.
4. Conducting direct sales to the public, in tandem with brokers operating across the Ancasta network. Dispatch and follow-up of new leads generated and received. Distribution of contact lists on a monthly basis and management of a rigorous follow-up process.
5. Creation of a European dealer network for P B Europe through networking Ancasta colleagues and own contacts, and at international boat shows, to find strong partners in key territories within Europe. Managing the network thereafter.
6. Communicating and ensuring that all staff within the Ancasta network have access to the necessary information, product training and material to allow them to sell the range.
7. Ensuring the sales teams are motivated to sell the Protector Boats products as well as dealing with their queries in timely fashion.
8. Working on the Protector Boats and P B Europe stands at national and international boat shows when required and as seen worthwhile by yourself
9. Maintaining on behalf of the company all communication with the manufacturers and developing the relationship with the manufacturer’s representatives at all levels, and with their counterparts within the Ancasta Group, such as Marketing, Aftersales and Finance.
10. Accurate preparation of quotations and having those approved prior to contractual offers being made to clients.
11. Ensuring that target margins are being achieved. Managing UK & Europe pricing levels, in association with the Sales Director
12. In association with the New Boat Administrator, ensuring that contracts are completed and that all sales have complete files. Ensuring that all necessary paperwork is completed, ensuring that all issues relating to payment and delivery are in hand at all times.
13. Liaising with customers. This will extend to sea-trials for customers on behalf of other sales people. To also include action plans to bring in existing Protector owners to Ancasta Group for service work, warranty events, and possible sales, and ultimately for brokerage services when they decide to sell and move onwards.
14. Liaising with the marketing department on strategy planning and the execution of those plans. Ensuring Ancasta’s marketing department has access to the necessary promotional material and a line of communication with the Manufacturer’s marketing department. This will include web presence and boat show preparation.
15. Management of web presence on ancasta.com, Ancanet.com, P B Europe and all relevant portals for stock and available boats
16. Regular tours of Ancasta offices and P B Europe dealers to go through detail of active customer quotes, product updates and to seek further regional catamaran opportunities.
17. Liaising with the media e.g. boat tests and other exposure in conjunction with the marketing department and with the manufacturer.
18. Managing a central database of current prospects and the supporting activity being taken by the entire network.
19. Liaising with Aftersales/Commissioning department in respect of quality control, commissioning, feedback to the manufacturer as well as assistance in maximising post-contract option sales.
20. Overseeing marketing and eventual sales of all potential and existing part-exchange boats in order to minimize exposure to Ancasta.
21. Allocation of stock boats around the network, implementing a stock boat responsibility strategy.
22. Liaising with Wells Fargo regarding stocking, stock checks and approving invoices for stocking.
23. Managing the shipping, importation, freight, charges, customs and handling of all boats entering EU and UK waters
• Recent and relevant experience within the marine industry
• Sales and negotiation skills – the ability to see a sale through to successful
• Good telephone manner and interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail and methodical, needs to be highly numerate
• Competent boat handler with the ability to carry out demonstrations
• Good IT skills including knowledge of Word, Excel, Powerpoint
• Valid UK driving licence
• Must have a flexible attitude to working weekends and/or bank holidays and be able to travel both in the UK and abroad if needed.
• Strong communication skills with colleagues, customers and factory colleagues.
Interested individuals should submit a copy of their CV together with a covering letter to Joanna Despard at the following email address: [email protected]